Inglés

Books and anime reviews, when I have time; I wrote tales, stories and unfinished novels (for now). Hobbies too and reflections. Mainly Spanish, sometimes English and maybe something in Japanese.

lunes, 27 de abril de 2015

[ENG] Three steps away (Short Tale)


Pues gracias a las clases de inglés he podido mejorar un poco mis habilidades de escritura en este idioma, cosa que me ha servido para mejorar mi gramática en el "fluff" de mis lobos espaciales. Pero pues queriendo ir más lejos, quiero escribir también de otras cosas en inglés por lo que he optado por traducir un cuento algo viejo y de hace varios años que creo reflejó ese periodo de tiempo de mi vida. Lo publico aquí y después lo pasaré a clase a ver que tal me va, cualquier comentario es bienvenido.

Well, thanks to my english classes I advanced on my writting skills. And this helps me a lot on my fluff of Warhammer 40k, specially with all my Space Wolves' stories. But trying to go further, I want to write other things thatn psifi. So for my english class I translated an old short writting that describes perfectly things that passed to me a long time ago. Any comment is welcome!


Three steps away 

Today, three steps away, I felt so far from you. I couldn’t get closer to touch you, not even to hug you; while we’re walking, we looked like two different persons that had no relationship but that we’re on the same street at the same time. 

Your steps were firm, mine were sad, clumsy and hesitant; your gaze was fixed on the skyline, your ears wrapped on your own world, your own music, oblivious to the world’s noise meanwhile mine were overwhelmed by the car’s noises, the buses, the steps of the rest of the people and the sad loneliness that dealt me then. 

Today, three steps away from you, I felt so far away from you. I couldn’t believe that we could only exchange looks and comments about the route; I couldn’t believe that, finally, so much foolishness has paid off. Today so close and so far, finally understood the meaning of failing, falling, hurting, breaking; the meaning of everything I did along our time. 

 Your head on my shoulder was a glimmer of hope but the true was different. The feeling that you let past through my body was no other than pity and sadness; the feeling of being so close and the same time so far. Three steps away but thousands of kilometers for being together. 

 You got on the bus but not without saying goodbye. The faint rose from your lips on my cheeks, wet my visage letting me to almost break on tears, something that you almost perceive and blinded you to finish with a soft kiss on my lips. I stay there frozen, cold and watcher, like a stone figure that everyone looked at but no one wanted to finish like. 

 Today, three steps away you got on the bus and left me there alone, listening one last verse of a song:  

"...don´t dream it´s over. 
 Hey now, hey now  
When the world comes in 

They come, they come 
To build a wall between us 
We know they won't win."

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario